By registering or placing an order on this website, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal information under the terms of this policy. In addition to this policy, your privacy is protected by law under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 2018 and the DPB (Data Protection Bill) 2018. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office who uphold privacy rights.
Information that we collect from you
When you order products such as online training or resources, or buy Annual Membership, you will be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, contact details, email address and credit or debit card information. All areas that are marked with a * are needed in order for us to provide you with the online training and/or downloadable resources you have ordered. If you order products that we need to post to you, we also need your mailing address. Other areas are optional for you to complete. We may also collect information about your usage of our website as well as information about you from messages you post to the website, phone conversations and e-mails or letters you send to us. To maintain customer service standards and to assist staff training, we may record and monitor incoming calls.
Lawful Basis for the information we hold
The GDPR states that we must inform you of the legal reasons that we have for collecting and using your personal information. These reasons are called a Legal Basis and are highlighted in bold
- When you order products or services from us you are entering into a contract where you agree to pay and we agree to deliver that product or service.
- If you agree that we can contact you to keep you updated with changes to legislation, information about our new products and services you have given us consent to use your contact details for this reason.
- We keep your financial details as part of our legitimate interest to process your payment and to recover any debts due to us.
- We may offer you the opportunity to take part in surveys that will help us lobby government regarding childcare policy and improve or develop our products and service. This forms part of our legitimate interest.
- We use data analytics as a legitimate interest to identify use of our website and use this to make improvements to the website and our products and services.
How we use your information
We will contact our Annual Members from time to time with information about membership products, updates and discounts. Others can opt in to receive emails about other products and information.
Your personal information will enable us to provide you with more relevant information and to supply the goods or services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your orders.
We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, including the development of existing services and production of new ones.
In particular, we may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the website or our services, only if you have given consent for us to contact you.
Further, where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know by email about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you. You have the right to change your mind about being contacted and can remove your consent for marketing emails at any time by contacting us on [email protected] or 0845 838 3724.
Sharing your information
The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties who we trust to carry out work on our behalf. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services or training. Please contact us if you would like to know more about this.
We may also pass information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you. We will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy. Unless required to do so by law, we will never otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
Security and data retention
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. We may also store data in paper files. We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a period of 3 years after you stop being a member or customer of Childminding UK in order to deal with any necessary follow up action, unless legal, regulatory or technical reasons mean we need to keep it for longer.
If you are not a customer or member but have given us your contact details in order to keep you informed of updates, we will keep this until you tell us you no longer want us to.
Accessing and updating
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you are an Annual Member or customer you can log into your Dashboard to view and make changes to your personal information.
If you wish to do this, please email [email protected] or ring 0845 838 3724
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected] or 0845 838 3724
Your rights regarding your information held with us
The GDPR gives you certain rights to help control information that is held about you.
- Right of Access. You have the right to ask us for a copy of the information we hold about you. Request this by contacting us [email protected] or 0845 838 3724.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask us to update our records if they are incorrect or when your details change. If you are a Member or customer you can also change your personal information by logging into your Dashboard.
- Right to Erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten). This applies to information that you have given us that we have no need to keep. If you are not a member or customer (certain information is needed for you to access products you have bought), but have given us your details in order for us to contact you, but have changed your mind, you have the right to ask us to delete it.
- Right to restrict processing. This applies to information that you may want us to keep but not use.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to ask us for your information for you to transfer to others. You can also request that we transfer it to other organisations.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to your information being used for specific things such as marketing. If you want to opt out of emails from us regarding new products and services we think may be of interest to you, please let us know.
- Rights related to automated decision making. Automated decision making means making decision about you using no human involvement e.g. using computerised filtering equipment. No decision will be made about you solely on the basis of automated decision making.
Cookies are small amounts of information which we may store on your computer. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use the site during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of the site for you.
You may set up your computer to reject cookies by following the relevant instructions which can be found at www.aboutcookies.org. In that case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site.
If you have a complaint or query about the way your information is handled, please contact us at [email protected] or 0845 838 3724. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or visit their website