Your basket
Downloadable resource

Landlord Letter Requesting Permission to Childmind

Included in membership

If you live in rented accomodation you need to gain permission from your landlord to work as a childminder. This letter gives you suggestions of what to include in your request


About this resource

There may be a clause in your rental agreement that states you can't operate a business from the house, but the landlord/leasholder can change this clause if they choose to. Sometimes a proffessional conversation explaining the registration requirements, risk assessing etc. alongside what insurances are in place can help a landlord/leaseholder to see that there isn’t an huge increased risk to allowing a person to childmind from the property. It is recommended that you discuss this directly with the landlord/leaseholder and not their agent.

This sample letter can be amended to suit your individual circumstances


This resource is included as part of: